|Ratoc FireWire to Ultra Scsi Converter (FR1SX) - £99.00 ex vat
CURRENT STOCK CONSTRAINTS REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BY EMAIL AND WE WILL ADVISE E.T.A ASAP
FR1SX turns your SCSI device into a FireWire(IEEE1394) device. The SCSI device works as a FireWire(IEEE1394) device seamlessly. Compatible with SCSI HD, Removable HD, Jaz, ORB, MO drives, CD-ROM drives, CD-Burners, DVD-ROM drives, DVD-burners, scanners, film scanners, Tape drives. Supports FireWire(IEEE1394) daisy chain. (Does not support SCSI daisy chain.)
Turn your SCSI device into a FireWire(IEEE1394) device. Quick and easy Plug-and-play installation. Attach the FR1SX to SCSI device, then connect the FR1SX to your Mac or Windows PC with FireWire(IEEE1394) Cable.
Enables you to handle a SCSI device as a FireWire(IEEE1394) device.
Supports high-speed, high-performance Ultra SCSI.
- Two FireWire(IEEE1394) 400Mbps ports(6-pin) are available.
- Supports FireWire(IEEE1394) Daisy Chain. (Does not support SCSI daisy Chain.)
- IEEE1394a fully compliant PHY-Link is included.
- Supports SBP2 ORB/CDB command set.
- Works as a FireWire(IEEE1394) repeater stand alone. (Requires AC Power adapter.)
- Works as a SCSI initiator
Driver installation free
- Supports up to 20MB/sec data transfer.
- Supports Synchronous transfer.
- Supports Disconnection/Reconnection.
- Compatible with various SCSI devices.
Hard Drive, CD-ROM/CD-Burner drives, DVD/DVD-Burner drives, MO drives, Removable drives, Scanners, Film Scanners, Tape drives. (Refer to the Compatible device lists for Windows and for Mac.)
- Supports FireWire boot up from SCSI HD with FR1SX. (Mac OS only)
- Supports legacy SCSI devices.
*Some legacy device may require unique SCSI bus parameter, in the case, refer the "FR1SX Configuration Utility" just below.
- You don't need to install the specific driver for FR1SX. FR1SX is fully compatible with Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X 10.x Apple FireWire Standard drivers and SBP2 drivers. The SCSI device will be shown up at the System Profiler by just hooking up to FireWire port.
- [FR1SX Configuration Utility]
*If you want to use legacy SCSI device such as scanners, you need to change FR1SX configuration setting to adjust SCSI bus parameter by this Configuration Utility.
- [FR1SX Format Utility for Windows]
*Enables you to format the SCSI storage media through FR1SX on Windows OS.
FireWire(IEEE1394) enabled PowerMac, PowerBook, iMac, iBook, and Mac mini.
MacOS X 10.1.x, 10.2.x ,10.3.x, and 10.4.
MacOS 9/9.1 or later.
<Note for Mac OS 9 users>
*You need to install FR1SX SIM driver to use Applications based on SIM-API(SCSI Interface Module Application Interface on Mac OS 9.x). You can download it from our web page, after user registration.
*Why do you need FR1SX SIM driver?
*How it works?
||Mac OS 9 recognizes a SCSI device as a FireWire device, through FR1SX. But, if you want to use SIM-API based application, you need to make your device be mounted as a SCSI device. The FR1SX converts FireWire IO request to SCSI IO request and provide SIM-API to the application. The SCSI port is shown up at 'System Profiler' and the attached device is mounted as a SCSI device through FR1SX (See the left image).|
|*FR1SX SIM driver only works on Mac OS 9.x. If you are using Mac OS X, you don't need SIM driver, and you can use Mac OS X applications listed below. |
- Certified Applications
- Vuescan 7 or later for Scanners and Film Scanners.
- Roxio Toast 5 or later for DVD and CD Burner.
- DANTZ Retrospect 5 or later for backup devices.
IEEE1394 or i.Link enabled Windows PC.
- Windows OS
Windows 98SE (Windows update required).
- Certified Applications
- TWAIN compatible application software for Scanners.
- Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 or later for DVD and CD Burner.
- DANTZ Retrospect desktop 5.6 (Win) for backup utilities.
| Device Requirement|
- SCSI devices required:
- High-density 50P female SCSI-2 connector.
*For the SCSI-1 device with Centronics 50F connector, High-Density 50F to Centronics 50M adapter is available http://www.shop21.uk.com/en-gb/p_936.html.
- Single-End interface.
- Term-Power output capability.
*If the device does not support term power output, use Optional AC Adapter. Or you may use popular DC5V switching regulator type AC adapter. Please refer the Specification table below; for more detailed information about plug (power tip) and amperage.
- Compatible with:
SCSI HD, Removable HD, IOMega Jaz, ORB, MO drives, CD-ROM drives, CD-Burners, DVD-ROM drives, DVD-burners, scanners, film scanners, Tape drives.
Please refer the Compatible device lists for Windows and for Mac.
- FR1SX DOES NOT support:
- SCSI Daisy Chain.
- Multiple LUN.
- CD-ROM changers.
| Bench Mark Testing Report|
Machine : PowerBook2000
HDD : Seagate ST39103LW
||UltraSCSI / FireWire(IEEE1394)|
|Data transfer rate
20MB/sec with Ultra SCSI devices (Synchronous)
10MB/sec with FAST SCSI devices (Synchronous)
100, 200 and 400 Mbps (IEEE1394)
High-Density 50 pin Male connector x 1
(Adapter for Centronics 50P connector is available at Shop21)
FireWire(IEEE1394) (IEEE1394) 6p port x 2
- FR1SX FireWire(IEEE1394) to UltraSCSI converter
- FR1SX software CD-ROM
[Mac OS software]
||Configuration Utility |
- One IEEE 1394 Cable 6p-6p 3.5 feet(1m)
- User's Manual
- Software License Agreement
|58mm(W) x 66mm(D) x 22mm(H)|
70g (without cable)
Temperature from 0°C to 55°C
- DC +4.25V to 5.25V
(SCSI Termination Power Voltage requirement)
- 300mA typical
Relative humidity: 20-80% (Non-condensing)